We Believe in Safe Storage For What’s Important
Our air cooled units are the safest bet for storing sensitive items such as:
- Art – air cooled storage is best for artwork. Paintings and fine art can shrink or expand in extreme temperatures.
- Delicate fabrics – Clothes, antique toys, or upholstered furniture can grow mold or mildew in humid environments.
- Delicate paper items – Books, magazines, comics, and photographs can turn yellow in extreme temperatures.
- Electronics – Computers, speakers, and cameras can corrode and grow mold in humid environments.
- Metals – How metals react to moisture in a storage environment. Iron will rust, copper turns green, silver turns black, and lead will turn into a white powder.
- Optical discs – Optical discs like CDs, DVDs, and video games should be stored in cool, dry environments.
- Vinyl records – High temps can cause warping, and temps too low can create a record to break in half.
- Wood furniture or instruments – Antique wood items and woodwind instruments don’t do well in fluctuating temperatures.